Nothing perks up a Monday night like some Spotify acoustic covers, a good glass of red, surprise just because hydrangeas, and a delicious pasta recipe packed with flavor.
This recipe comes together very easily and nicely. Whenever possible, we opt to throw chicken on the grill because its always just a liiiiittle better with that grilled flavor. Note: I am not a food photographer and this is not the world’s healthiest recipe, but you will find it isn’t dripping in sauce and you can really use as much chopped asparagus as you want to pack some nutrients in there. Everything in moderation.
Grilled Chicken Pasta with Asparagus and Sun Dried Tomatoes
adapted from Life in the Lofthouse
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Penne pasta
- 1 small jar (4 oz.) sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add cubed chicken to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in center. You can also throw the chicken on the grill if you prefer that flavor.
- Boil Penne pasta in a large pot of water until cooked. Drain water.
- Cut sun-dried tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Add tomatoes in oil to skillet with the garlic and chopped asparagus. Cook and stir mixture for a couple minutes, do not let garlic burn.
- Add half and half and the Mozzarella cheese to skillet. Stir to combine and let mixture come to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until cheese melts and a creamy sauce forms. Add salt to taste.
- Pour drained pasta and cooked chicken into the skillet then add the basil and crushed red pepper flakes. Carefully stir to combine everything. Simmer 5 more minutes to heat through.